Friday 15 June 2012

Nudes but no drawing

Having spent much of the day in front of the computer updating handouts for students, a worthy pursuit and one which did need doing,  I made sure that I did get to the studio. I needed to collect some clay to be fired and have another go at splitting a green ash log. The clay is part of a series, one of which 'Mossom' is still on show at the Royal Academy.   The log is proving remarkably resistant to any working and there will be cheers when the split happens. I gave up eventually as it was getting late but  despite the reluctant ash, it was a productive evening. 
My studio is down a dead end road and there is a short turning, away from prying eyes there always seems to be someone 'waiting' in a car. This time a car was parked right in the middle of the road in front of my gates. As I was going to be loading boxes of clay I needed them to move though I was clearly interrupting a private moment.  The young couple were really lovely, she re-arranged her garb and moved the car. 4 hours later the private moment was still ongoing but they obliged my request to move again. I only realised they were naked when they opened the totally steamed up window to be able to see where they were driving. Driving home, I notice a man using crutches  trying to walk with his jeans literally round his knees.  I decided that none of them would appreciate me asking them if I could do some life drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment