Sunday 4 February 2018

3 sheets to the wind

Thinking to take some quick photos of a newly delivered bronze sculpture,  I decided to set up a small area outside with a large sheet of paper as a backdrop. At this point the sun was perfect, it was bright with no strong shadows though it was mighty chilly. I needed to fix the paper to the window using masking tape and I put newspaper down on the step to protect the new paper.
The masking tape did not want to come off the reel, it tore in all the wrong places and generally played hard to get. It did hold the paper backdrop in place just about, for long enough. However, by this time the sky had come over all moody and the light had gone. I took some photos anyway and then took the bronze indoors. Meanwhile, in the few moments when I went indoors, the wind decided to join in with some fun and I came back outside to find the masking tape had failed completely resulting in the large sheet of paper ending up in the pond and the newspaper was flying all over the garden. I cleared up...... I shall have another go tomorrow. All I wanted was some quick photos before I book in my lovely photographer who really doesn't have this sort of problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment