Saturday 15 November 2014

small and big

Last night was the wonderfully packed out private view for the Discerning Eye exhibition at the Mall Galleries in central London. My scorched wood sculpture 'Esclise' is on show and was photographed for the catalogue. With such a throng I did wonder to begin with whether my sculpture really had been selected as it was difficult to see through the crowds. However I did find it eventually and Esclise shares the plinth with Thomas Adam's 'Rock Study no 2'. It was good to meet up with some good friends and lovely family who had traveled down from Wales. As the photos from last night just shows a sea of heads,  I thought I would pop back today to see the show properly and take photos.
All the work for the Discerning Eye has to be a maximum 20" so the Anselm Kiefer show at the Royal Academy is at the other end of the scale, enormous work that is quite overwhelming in scale and swallows you up in the rich and complex textures.  
I was serenaded by Big Ben for the short walk from the Mall to the RA 



No comments:

Post a Comment