Thursday 13 December 2012

curious courses















I have been fretting a bit recently having been asked by Hannah at the City Lit where I teach, to run a class. Why fret, thats my job? Why was I losing sleep?Because this course was run with a difference, students signed up for the evening not knowing what they might be asked to do. It could have been anything, poetry, stand up comedy, play an instrument, astronomy, the list is enormous.  So I had 16 brave souls prepared to have a go at anything and who made a cracking job of making a clay relief of a loved one, or worked using one of the 'celebrity' photos  from the stock  pile. It is possible that perhaps the wine may have helped a bit!  I had no reason to worry, they tackled the clay with relish and really worked hard. I quite like the idea of bringing in the loved one next time, dogs and cats in the studio, now there is a course to think about! Many thanks to Hannah, Emma, Mario and David who really made it a fab evening and all the students who were great fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment