Tuesday 3 September 2019

serenaded by 'bubbles'

I am loving being back in the studio after a summer break. However, getting there when the football is on is a nightmare, as West Ham play at the Olympic Park and my studio is next door - the other side of the tracks. I spent the day pottering about, drilling holes, trying things out, painting sculpture and just taking stock, all the while serenaded by the fans in fine voice. I am all for a bit of community singing but finding myself joining in was a tad disconcerting. The repertoire includes the first verse only of oldies but goodies, 'I'm forever blowing bubbles' is every other song. Other delights include -'It must be love', 'Come on Irene/Eileen(?)' 'Runaround Sue' and 'Sweet Caroline'. I have absolutely no idea why these songs are so significant and perhaps more importantly, whether it will subliminally affect my sculpture!
 Work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment