Thursday 28 February 2013

Back in England?

At home? 


On my feet all day and I am beginning to think that I might never have left England. I have walked all over today and as they say, 'me dogs is barkin'. I ended up at the ICA for a show "Art, Love and Politics in the 1980's", interesting stuff that included work by the Black Film and Audio  Collective. I watched short films and extracts set in Brixton, Peckham and Broadwater  Farm so I could stand there and say I lived there and point at my house/s.  The discussion that followed between the curator Helen Moleswoth, her predecessor David (Joshet?) and artists Haim Steinbach and Louise Lawler involved the divisions that Thatcher and Reagan set up in society. I had earlier decided not to see a show of Royal portraits, far too much of that at home thankyou. 

No comments:

Post a Comment