Thursday 17 January 2013

at least two pairs of trousers and an animation


I have a brilliant studio in Stratford East London, right by the Olympic Park but at this moment it is sooooo cold two pairs of trousers are essential. If I stand still for long enough I will freeze solid. Thankfully Chelmsford College is warm and as part of the AA2A scheme, I have the workshop with the kiln in it so very toasty warm and very inviting. I am making the most of using the kiln while I am there for this year and working with clay. Andy the media tutor came in to see what I was doing and was intrigued by the clay being rolled out very thin and then crumpled. I plan to piece the sculpture together with copper rod, Andy went away and did a series of charcoal drawings photographed into a short animation, this is an entirely unexpected bonus! Not only warm but a potentially exciting collaboration !

No comments:

Post a Comment